1. The most popular ski fields in Australia near Mount Kosciuszko National Park can be reached in about five hours driving from Sydney or seven hours from Melbourne. Plenty of time for I Spy, Twenty Questions, or if you had a bit of prep time, an awesome road trip playlist.
2. You can head further afield for your last minute trip too. There are more white and fluffy things in New Zealand than millions of sheep. That's right - snow! A flight to Queenstown won't take much more than three hours from Sydney; less time than it takes to watch Lord of the Rings!
3. Time is precious; the ski fields around Mount Kosciuszko and Queenstown are only open until early to mid-October. It will be a long, hot wait until the snow falls again.
4. It could go without saying, but sometimes those little things in life really make the moment. Stop for a tasty hot chocolate in the lodge to warm the soul and defrost those cold fingers. Just don't forget to look up and admire the spectacular mountainous landscape and snow dusted peaks.
5. For the less coordinated among us - and we will admit to be part of this sometimes overlooked demographic - never fear. While your mates who learnt to ski before they could walk head straight for the black diamond runs, you may opt for something marginally less terrifying. Luckily, most ski resorts offer tubing. Hurtle down the mountain in a rubber tube. No coordination necessary, just hold on tight.
6. The Apres-ski. Soothe those muscles you'd forgotten you'd had since last winter. Then stretch them out on the dance floor.
7. The hot tubs. Forget the chill and jump in to one of the many resort hot tubs. If in Queenstown, feel the heat with the geothermal hot pools near the base of the Coronet Peak Ski Resort.
8. Look for the abominable snowman. It's been a while and no-one has conclusively found him yet, so it's plausible that he could have made it as far as the antipodes.
9. If you don't succeed in your monster hunt, build your own and take a selfie to show your mates. They won't know the difference.
10. Just because European winter skiing reminds us of a TV Christmas - think George and his Wham! pals in Last Christmas - that doesn't mean us Southern Hemisphere folk need to miss out on those wistful white Christmassy feelings. Just grab a mulled wine and get the log fire going; just don't sit too close with that flammable ugly Christmas sweater.
If you are ready to book, simply visit our website or give our friendly reservations staff a call on 1300 656 601, and don't forget you can request snow chains and ski racks!